Wednesday 13 December

Petersfield Town Partnership - Town Character Group

Meeting Minutes - 17 January 2009 - Venue: 28A the Spain, Petersfield

1. Present

• Vincent Edberg (VE), Tracey Haskins (TH),Tony Struthers (TS), David Jeffery (DJ),
Tony Wilson (TW), Nick Keith (NK) John Venning (JV). Phil Haines (PH).

2. Apologies

• Vaughan Clarke (VC), Ken Hick (KH), Catherine Stagg-Macey, David Williams (DW).

3. Minutes of Meeting

• Minutes of 3 January 2009 were approved

4. Matters arising

• All matters arising are covered under the headings below.

5. Future Consultation with EHDC

• TS has discussed with Valery Dobson when EHDC wish to review the preliminary draft again. It was agreed that the update after the February workshop would be early enough.

• It has become clear that a sustainability report will be required in a similar format to that completed for the Buriton village design statement. VE to circulate link or pdf copy of report which should be available on the EHDC website.

• VE has been in contact with Peter Silvester in the EHDC graphics department and agreed that a meeting would be arranged during the week after this meeting as the nature of required illustrations will then be better understood. TS to join meeting.

6. Action Plan and Progress for Writing TDS

• Document illustrations and overview maps to be considered by VE. Some guidance was provided during the meeting with further more detailed suggestions expected by next meeting.

• Copy of Buriton sustainability statement available on the EHDC website. Pdf version to be circulated to committee.

• Completion of architectural design overview guidance by VE still outstanding.

• Alton TDS is used as template for type of illustrations required

• Photographs to be collected and divided into groups relating to document chapters. These can be stored on computer system by VE.

7. Future Public Consultation Events and Publicity


• Meeting room in Petersfield library booked for Saturday 14th February from 9.30 am to 2 pm with access for setting up through staff entrance at 9 pm.

• It was agreed to print 30 hard copies of the TDS Workshop draft to be available at the 14 February library session. NK will need a 5 working day lead in time for this making copy proof on 2 February the provisional deadline.

• NK to develop A1 sized workshop information sheets based on existing powerpoint presentation. It was suggested part of the presentation should be a synopsis of what each section is about. Some sheets could have sound bites at the top of the sheet with space for comments at the bottom. Samples of guidance notes was another suggestion.

• VE to contact the local press after next committee meeting to discuss issue of press release prepared by NK introducing the February workshop.

• JV to explore if the CPRE display boards are available to borrow. DJ may in addition be able to obtain another set.

8. Project cost planning

• It is clear from discussion held by TS with EHDC that funding for printing of the intermediate and final document will not be straight forward to obtain. Other funding sources need to be explored.

• Possible grant applications can be supported by matching funding in terms of time and expenses spent by committee volunteers.

• NK reported that Alton had spent approximately £4000 to print 1500 final copies of their design statement. The Petersfield is however likely to be longer and approximately 75 pages compared to 50 for Alton. NK to make further enquiries.

9. Project Time Update

• Nothing to report under this item.

10. Wiki Update

• PH offered to spend some time to sort the layout of the Wiki out.

11. Any Other Business

• VE confirmed that Sheet Village Association had invited group members to their next meeting on Wednesday 21 January for an update and information session on the TDS. VE and TS to attend.

12. Date and place of next meeting

• Next meeting to be held on Saturday 31 January 2009 at 9.30 am at 28A the Spain.