Wednesday 13 December

Petersfield Town Partnership - Town Character Group

Meeting Minutes - 7 June 2008 - Venue: 28A the Spain, Petersfield

1. Present


• Vincent Edberg (VE), Phil Haines (PH), Tracey Haskins (TH), Tony Struthers (TS), David Williams (DW), Tony Wilson (TW)


2. Apologies


• Vaughan Clarke (VC), Ken Hick (KH), David Jeffery (DJ), Nick Keith (NK), John Venning (JV).


3. Minutes of Meeting 12 April 2008


• The minutes were approved as a correct record of the meeting.


4. Matters arising


• PH explained that there were, in his view, a mechanism in place for ensuring a permanent license road closures in central Petersfield for major events. Petersfield Events are looking into this.
• The August bank holiday event will this follow two themes. Sunday 24 August will be flavoured by local connections with the theme Petersfield at its best. Music, theatre, arts and craft, local organisations and local produce. This will be followed on the Monday by a multicultural theme.
• PH representing Petersfield Events explained that additional partners are actively sought in order to widen the community involvement in organising a range of bank holiday activities throughout the year.


5. EHDC Core Strategy


• Acknowledgment received from EHDC confirming TDS group submission of LDF questionnaire.
• PH, TW, and VE representing the TDS group to attend meeting at Penns Place on 30 June 2008 at 18.30 pm with the title Shaping Petersfield for The Future. TS to give VE copy of Power Point presentation on Petersfield TDS for possible use at meeting.


6. Action Plan for Writing TDS


• Appendix to the Agenda being a list of chapters or sections requiring volunteers to produce a first draft of TDS text. The following was suggested:
- 2. Geography of Area TS
- 3. Historic Context/Development completed by DJ
- 4. Existing Environment and Character - TS
- 5. Development Guidance divided into the following subsections:
- 5.1 Our Vision of the Future to be written at a later date.
- 5.2 Preserving and Enhancing of Character - TS
- 5.3 Buildings - VE
- 5,4 Open Spaces and Nature Conservation - no volunteer
- 5.5 Landscape- DJ & JV
- 5.6 Town & Green Fingers - DJ & JV
- 5.7 Trees - DJ & JV
- 5.8 Street Furniture - TS
- 5.9 Transport
- 5.9.1 Highways - TW & TSH
- 5.9.2 Car Parking - TW & TSH
- 5.9.3 Bus Services - TW & TSH
- 5.9.4 Railway - TW & TSH
- 5.10 Sustainability
- 5.10.1 Environment - VE
- 5.10.2 Building Construction - VE
- 5.11 Flood Risk & Watercourses - TH
- 5.12 Other Issues
- 5.12.1 Bio Diversity - possibly to be combined with 5.4, 5.5 & 5.6
- 5.12.2 Electricity Lines - PH
- 6. Area Analysis
TW offered to edit the twenty five area summaries in order to ensure consistency in presentation and content.


- 7. Key Opportunity Areas


No volunteer for this section at present
• Important to list background evidence including that collected through the public consultation process and other references to written text.
• VE to forward draft history section completed by DJ to TH.
• VE to forward contact details of Tony Shaw who is not enjoying internet access to TW so they can collaborate as suggested above.
• TS reported that new planning guidance is to be published on the Department of Community and Local Government website (DCLG) at www.communities.gov.uk/corporate/ Members may wish to explore this source of information.


7. Interaction with Local Business Community


• EHDC claimed that business consultation was no longer possible in letter form. Email option has been suggested but nothing has happened to date.


8. Future Public Consultation Events and Publicity


• TS to update his power point presentation for the Petersfield Society AGM.
• It was in principle agreed that the TC group should be present on campaign corner of The Square for the food festival event on Sunday 1 June subject to volunteers coming forward to man the stall. The P2M Gazebo to be used. Sharing the stall with The Petersfield Society would add interest and make it easier and less demanding to attend the stall.
• Community Forum presentation would fit in well with completion of draft TDS. Target month is presently October


9. Project cost planning


• NBo update required at this time.


10. Project Time Update


• Aim for draft preliminary draft of document to be completed by 24 August.


11. Wiki Update


• PH to investigate improved method for displaying photographs on the Wiki and then particularly for area summaries.


12. Any Other Business


• Letter has been received from Nigel Wells, who represents a local youth organisation, requesting that the area 6 summary should include a reference to a Youth Centre on HCC land being part of old railway embankment adjacent to and to the south of the Community Centre. Substantial TDS support for the idea of this initiative was expressed although it was felt that other sites should be assessed for this purpose as part of the opportunities for Petersfield section.
• It has been noted in the press that Lucy Pringle of a Sheet group is embarking on what would appear to be something similar to a design statement exercise. VE to make contact to find out of some coordination of efforts can be achieved.


13. Date and place of next meeting


• Next meeting to be held on Saturday 7 June 2008 at 9.30 am at 28A the Spain.