Wednesday 13 December

Petersfield Town Partnership - Town Character Group

Meeting Minutes - 06 December 2008 - Venue: 28A the Spain, Petersfield

1. Present

• Vincent Edberg (VE), Tracey Haskins (TH),Tony Struthers (TS), David Jeffery (DJ),

2. Apologies

• Vaughan Clarke (VC), Ken Hick (KH), John Venning (JV). Phil Haines (PH),
Catherine Stagg-Macey, David Williams (DW), Nick Keith (NK), , Tony Wilson (TW)

3. Minutes of Meeting

• Minutes of 25 October were approved with the amendment that Tony Wilson was present.

4. Matters arising

• All matters arising covered under headings below.

5. Future Consultation with EHDC

• Peter Sylvester at EHDC to be consulted on the availability of map illustrations and possible copyright implications.

• Copy of preliminary draft to be circulated to EHDC before public workshop in January or February next year.

6. Action Plan and Progress for Writing TDS

• DJ to check availability of library room and arrange booking after consultation with VE.

• Document illustrations and overview maps to be considered by VE. This will include update of in and out map in electronic form as produced by JV.

• Copy of Buriton sustainability statement available on the EHDC website. Pdf version to be circulated to committee.

• VE to produce notes on architectural design overview guidance.

• It was proposed that the following document headings in part 2 of the document replacing the subdivision into 25 character areas:
1. Town Centre & Historic Core
2. Housing Estates
3. Mixed Use
4. Commercial & Industrial
5. Sheet Village
6. Rural Margins

• Existing 25 character areas to be retained as an appendix to confirm the extensive evidence base obtained through public consultation. This part of the document essential for the next workshop event.

• TH to meet with TS on 20th December to discuss preliminary text update.

• VE to give statement of progress at Petersfield Tomorrow AGM.

7. Future Public Consultation Events and Publicity


• Saturday morning workshop after Christmas is on the agenda and details to be discussed at the next committee meeting.

8. Project cost planning

• No update at this time

9. Project Time Update

• No update at this time

10. Wiki Update

• No update at this time.

11. Any Other Business

• No other business discussed.

12. Date and place of next meeting

• Next meeting to be held on Saturday 3 January 2009 at 9.30 am at 28A the Spain.