Wednesday 13 December

Petersfield Town Partnership - Town Character Group

Meeting Minutes - 03 January 2009 - Venue: 28A the Spain, Petersfield

1. Present

• Vincent Edberg (VE), Tracey Haskins (TH),Tony Struthers (TS), David Jeffery (DJ),
Tony Wilson (TW), Nick Keith (NK).

2. Apologies

• Vaughan Clarke (VC), Ken Hick (KH), John Venning (JV). Phil Haines (PH),
Catherine Stagg-Macey, David Williams (DW).

3. Minutes of Meeting

• Minutes of 6 December were approved

4. Matters arising

• All matters arising are covered under the headings below.

5. Future Consultation with EHDC

• Peter Sylvester of EHDC to be further consulted on the availability of map illustrations and possible copyright implications.

• Copy of workshop draft to be circulated to EHDC after next committee meeting in two weeks time. TS to discuss time table including possible deadlines with required by EHDC with Chris Paterson and Valery Dobson.

6. Action Plan and Progress for Writing TDS

• NK to discuss with Gareth Gammon of Navigate Design final editing of workshop draft and final draft of TDS including financial implications.

• Document illustrations and overview maps to be considered by VE. Some guidance was provided during the meeting with further more detailed suggestions expected by next meeting.

 

• Copy of Buriton sustainability statement available on the EHDC website. Pdf version to be circulated to committee.

• Completion of architectural design overview guidance by VE still outstanding.

• The during last committee meeting suggested 6 headings under 7.0, Designs for your Neighborhood, intended to replace the 25 character area divisions have by TS been expanded to eight as follows:
7.1. Petersfield Town Centre
7.2. Older Housing Estates
7.3. Newer Housing Estates
7.4. Sheet Village
7.5. Mixed Uses
7.6. Commercial and Industrial
7.7 Housing on Rural Margins
7.8 Countryside within the Petersfield Parish Boundary
Any comments on these divisions area appreciated by next meeting.

• All guidance notes to be deleted from part 2 of the TDS document.

• Text editing meeting to take place on Tuesday 6 January at 4 pm at 27 Woodbury Avenue. DJ to check through last version of TDS before meeting. NK to forward subsequent amended copy to TW for his comments.

7. Future Public Consultation Events and Publicity


• Meeting room in Petersfield library booked for Saturday 14th February from 9.30 am to 2 pm for workshop on TDS. DJ to investigate whether display can be set up on Friday evening 13th February.

• Main materials required for February workshop suggested to be 20 hard copies of workshop draft and information panels for wall display.

• Wall panels for event to include:
- What is this workshop about
- Explain how document works
- Sample pages from document
- Who we are and why we are involved
- The story so far where we are, reason for workshop, the need for public involvement, what happens next etc.
Drafts of these panels to be produced by TS before next meeting so that VE can show printed out versions for discussion.

• VE to contact the local press after next committee meeting to discuss issue of press release before the February workshop.

8. Project cost planning

• Printing and editing costs for various versions of TDS to be investigated by NK. Budget requirements can then be discussed with P2M. VE noted that costs are likely to be higher than discussed with Bob Ayer of P2M so need to be justified.

9. Project Time Update

• TH circulated before the meeting updated time line. This was not discussed in detail. It was however envisaged that the draft TDS would be published a month or so later than shown i.e. May 2009.

10. Wiki Update

• TH has circulated her thoughts on Wiki update. There was sufficient time to discuss these in detail during the meeting. PH has already implemented some layout changes. Committee members are asked to consider the TH comments and view the website for further possible improvements. A live and active website is essential at this time.

11. Any Other Business

• No other business discussed.

12. Date and place of next meeting

• Next meeting to be held on Saturday 17 January 2009 at 9.30 am at 28A the Spain.