Wednesday 13 December

Petersfield Town Partnership - Town Character Group
 
Meeting Minutes 20 October 2007
Meeting held at 28a The Spain

1. Present

• David Carrick (DC), Vincent Edberg (VE), Phil Haines (PH), Nick Keith (NK)
David Jeffery (DJ), Tony Struthers (TS), John Venning (JV), Tony Wilson (TW)

2. Apologies

• Vaughan Clarke (VC), Ken Hick (KH), Tracy Haskins (TH)

3. Minutes of Meeting 6 October 2007

• The minutes were approved. It was noted that JV had not been present.

4. Matters Arising

• It was noted that area 20 summary comments were now published on the wiki.

• VE reported that he had contacted KH & JV about how they are getting on with their area summaries. VC has been in contact with VE confirming that he would find out how Simon Lawrence was progressing.

• JV reported that he is making progress with the area 25 analysis. The committee felt that this summary would be very important particularly in light of recent developments with establishing a SDNP. It could become an important piece of evidence during further enquiries. It is also likely to attract considerable local interest.

• TS suggested that he may be able to deal with the area 7 summary.

• DJ to discuss area 21 analysis with the head of TPS when they meet in the week. The thinking is that a group of teachers and students could contribute to this work.

• Progress with other area summaries were still in line with minutes from the last meeting.

• VE explained that he is working his way through details of the public that have expressed an interest to participate and sending out TCA forms to those that do not have internet access.

 

• VE had been in contact with David Williams (DW) who expressed an interest to join committee walk around area 19 after the meeting. DW was invited to join in.

5. January Workshop

• DJ confirmed that the library room had been booked from 9.30 am to 1 pm on Saturday 12 January 2008. He would also find out if it is available on Saturday 17 th November for the next committee meeting. This meeting

• All completed area summaries to be displayed in large format during the workshop. VE to print these out. Other visual material to be needed such as illustrative photographs.

• Key issues to be identified for an individual area or groups of the 25 areas. Further committee meetings to be arranged to progress this matter.

• The idea is to invite the general public to the library on the 12 January to comment on established key issues and other information available if they so wish.

• The workshop was for now called - Design Your Future. It was generally agreed that this might catch the public eye.

6. Publicity

• NK offered to continue to deal with press releases. It was also agreed that three of the summary areas should be targeted for publicity. Lavant Street and area 13 is regarded as an area that will need special attention. NK to engage with shop keepers as a separate communication exercise. The outcome to be published towards the end of November. This to be followed with a report on area 23, The Causeway, in December and finally with report on area 25, landscape, in January 2008.

7. Wiki Update

• It was suggested that the wiki could be more user friendly for people that are less used to browsing on the web. TS suggested that the way to find various sections and area summaries in particular should be made clearer. PH to deal with this.

8. Any Other Business

• JV gave an update about the SDNP. He explained that an official announcement is expected within the next two weeks about the status of the enquiry process. It has been suggested that there are two likely routes forward. One would be to reopen the enquiry in order to properly assess the importance of the Western Weald and also any suggested boundary changes. The other option would be to embark on a completely fresh enquiry which would delay the process by a considerable amount of years. The former option is being seen as the more likely way forward.

• Nick Keith handed over post addressed to PTM that had arrived in his office to VE. The contents all related to the TDS and the TCA forms.

• The idea of presenting all area summaries to the public at campaign corner in The Square during 2 December Farmers Market to be pursued.

9. Date and place of next meeting

• Next Meeting to be held at 9.30 am in the library (venue to be confirmed by DJ) on Saturday 17 November 2007.