Wednesday 13 December

Petersfield Town Partnership - Town Character Group

Meeting Minutes - 17 November 2007 Meeting held in Library

1. Present

• David Carrick (DC), Vincent Edberg (VE), Phil Haines (PH), Tracy Haskins (TH),
• Ken Hick (KH), David Jeffery (DJ), Tony Struthers (TS), John Venning (JV),
Tony Wilson (TW)

2. Apologies

• Vaughan Clarke (VC), Nick Keith (NK)

3. Minutes of Meeting 20 October 2007

• The minutes were approved as a correct record of meeting.

4. Matters Arising

• VE has sent letter to Daryl Phillips of EHDC planning requesting meeting to ensure that TDS process on course to ensure that document is adopted as an SPD. No reply to date so VE to chase on Monday.

• It was decided that the idea of presenting all area summaries to the public at campaign corner in The Square on 2 December will not be implemented. Efforts to be concentrated on publicity via the local press.

5. Area Summaries

• The areas completed and published on the Wiki were 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 23 and 25.
• Area 2 has also been completed by DC but not yet entered onto Wiki.
• Areas 10, 12 & 19 are nearly completed by VE and should be entered onto Wiki within the next few days.
• Area 6 is near completion by KH and should be ready to publish by end of next week.
• DJ to deal with area 22. Paul Malloy to be reminded by VE and may join DJ.
• VE to find out how David Scurfield is progressing with area 18.
• VE to find out if Andrew Bulmer still is interested in contributing to area 17 summary.

 

6. January 12th Workshop
• The intention is to invite the general public to a workshop called Design Your Future and run in the library on the 12th January. Comments will be sought on selected key issues in particular but also on other matters in order to encourage an open discussion.

• JV reported that he has booked the CPRE pin boards for the event.

• KH volunteered to produce publicity poster for the event. Design to be circulated for approval before printing. Up to 50 A4 versions and 10 A3 versions considered for print run.

• DJ to book library for Friday 11th of January in the afternoon for group set up of and preparations for event. Committee members to confirm during meeting on 5 January if they can help or not.

• Programme for the event can be summarized as follows:
- Publicity campaign to commence as soon as possible and be stepped up just after Christmas with focus on the workshop.
- Information leaflets to be distributed to the public during Saturday market on the day of the event the 12th.
- All visitors to be given an A4 folded leaflet when they enter the workshop. One part to be general information on project progress and intentions and the other half to be tear off slip including questionnaire. The latter to be collected when person leave the workshop. The main idea is to find out if the process is supported this far or if not why. PH to produce proposal for leaflet.
- Continuous loop power point presentation to run at one end of room offering general information. PH to prepare initial version of presentation which should explain where we are now and where we go from here on.
- All 25 area summaries in A1 format and including illustrations to be displayed around the room. Key issues to be discussed to be identified by committee for each area or groups of areas. The intention is to steer the discussion along relevant subject matters that will progress the TDS process.
- Stickies to be freely available to the public for adding comments to area summaries or maps etc.
- Large scale maps and other information to be confirmed to be displayed on tables.
- Tables to be available for public to sit at for writing of comments.
- Consider serving free cup of coffee.

• Draft heading for budget for the event to be circulated by VE. Committee members to consider these and propose costs required. These to be presented to PTM meeting on 11 December. Items considered so far:
- Poster printing
- Leaflet printing
- Library hire
- Supply of coffee, milk and sugar.
- Supply of penns, paper and sticky labels
- Printing of A1 display material
Other headings may be added.

 

7. Publicity

• PH to find out how NK is progressing with press release programme. It has already been agreed that three of the summary areas should be targeted for publicity. Lavant Street in area 13 is seen as an area of special interest. NK had suggested to engage with shopkeepers as an introductory communication exercise. The outcome to be published towards the end of November. This to be followed with a report on area 23, The Causeway, in December and finally with report on area 25, landscape, in January 2008.

8. Wiki Update

• Wiki design has been improved. No further changes considered at present. Photo illustrations to be added to area summaries desirable. PH to investigate how this can be best achieved.

9. Any Other Business

• It was agreed that all future expenditure must be approved by the Treasurer of PTM before proposed action implemented.

• It was explained that the first draft TDS ought to be put before relevant public bodies for comment in preparation for a second draft to be used for public consultation. This is partly to ensure that the process is on course to be adopted as a SPD.

10. Date and place of next meeting

• Next Meeting to be held on Saturday 5 January 2008 at 9.30 am at 28A the Spain.