Wednesday 13 December

Minutes of the Management Committee
Wednesday 12th December 2007
Venue Winton House, Petersfield


Present: Bob Ayer (Chairman), Paul Molloy, Vincent Edberg, Gareth Gammon, Tony Shaw, Graham Smith, Liza Smith, Tony Struthers
Apologies: Linda Boatswain, Nick Keith, Hilary Ayer, Terena Plowright

1. Minutes of the last meeting
The minutes had been circulated. They were agreed and signed.

2. Group updates


a. Town Character

VE gave an update on progress. 19 area surveys had been completed with 6 outstanding. VE requested additional funding to support the TDS event in the library on January although the exact figure is unknown. It was agreed that the group would produce an action plan which would then be incorporated into the annual action plan.

VE raised the issue of Land Sites (potentially earmarked for development) which will be surveyed as part of the TDS.

BA requested a budget statement for the project which would show costings to the completion and publication of the final document.

Action: VE to confirm exact figure with BA and PM.

b. Retail and Business

Discussion on schedule for consultation on the Market Square. AF had confirmed at the last meeting that some form of consultation would be undertaken. LS confirmed that Mike Gibbs would present a report to Cabinet in March outlining a number of options for the future.

Action: LS to produce consultation dates when available.

c. Employment and Training for Young People

LS gave an update on the groups activities. GS confirmed that he had filtered the list of Petersfield businesses and that a database had been created.

A letter and a questionnaire would be sent out to this list requesting more detailed information from the company.

Funds from the Lottery Grant would be required to buy postage stamps.

Action: GS to confirm exact figure for mailing with BA and PM.

d. Local Transport

TS requested a sum of £200 from the P2M budget to cover costs for a bus audit. TS confirmed that his report on pedestrianisation has been uploaded to the website, but expressed his difficulties at contacting an appropriate person from Hampshire County Council and the Hampshire Action Team (HATS).

Action: Tony Struthers agreed to liaise with contacts at the County to arrange a meeting between Tony Shaw and officers from the Highways Department of HCC.

3. Budget


PM stated that the current balance in the general fund is £4,732.08.

4. AOB

BA requested that ideas for projects should be sent to him for inclusion in the 2008/09 action plan.


Action: LS agreed to amend the Retail and Business Action Plan to fit into the format established by BA.

5. Date of Next Meeting

Date: Tuesday 13th February 2008
Time: 6.00 pm
Place: TBC

 

Signed………………………………………………………………………

 

Dated…………………………………………………………………………